Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter is officially here

I'm not quite sure how it can go from a high of 70 degrees on Wednesday afternoon to a high of 32 degrees today with freezing rain and snow. It was less than 24 hours people! Amazing.
I had a very uneventful day. I went in to work this morning, as I only live about four miles from the clinic. It was just raining when I got to work, but I'd only been there for about fifteen minutes when the freezing rain started.
Needless to say, all of my patients cancelled. So I went home. Unfortunately, my secretary was not able to get into work this morning, so there wasn't anyone in the office to answer the phones, so I had to forward the phones to my cell phone so that I could answer calls all day. I only got about twelve or so calls. Even though I was in my comfy clothes and at home, I felt like I was still working.
So the original forecast for today and tomorrow called for an inch of ice followed by 8 to 12 inches of snow. That's a lot of freakin' snow man. Last I checked, the forecast has now been revised to only 1 to 3 inches of snow. How can there be that much variation? I'm stumped.
I was planning to start my long runs up again this week, but if there's several inches of snow and ice on the ground, I'll probably be delaying it for another week. Formal training doesn't start until the week of the 10th, but I would really like to get two longer runs in before starting to ramp up my mileage.
I've got a 5k race on Sunday, which I'll still probably run, even if there's snow on the ground, as I'm already registered and I'd hate to back out after I've paid my entry fee. I know, how cheap am I?

No comments: