Thursday, November 23, 2006

Per Firefly's tag...

20 Things to be thankful for (the unserious version):
1. My fuzzy orange fleece hat and gloves, insure that I will never again be hard to pick out of a post-race crowd.
2. Getting faster with age. I'm talking about my running speed, sheesh, get your minds out of the gutter will ya?
3. Virtual friends. Even if I never meet you in real life, it's nice to know you've got my back. Plus I love sitting at my desk laughing like a maniac. My coworkers think I'm possibly insane.
4. Thanksgiving only coming once a year. Too much togetherness is a bad thing.
5. The post-turkey triptophan lull. Is it possible to OD on this chemical, can you really truly get high from poultry? I'm thinking yes.
6. Being done with Christmas shopping, and not having to be in line at a random store at five o'clock in the am tomorrow. Instead, I'll be working...wait, that must be a typo, I can't really be thankful for getting to work tomorrow, can I?
7. Mashed potatoes. 'Nuff said.
8. Bubble gum pop, you know the kind that gets stuck in your head and makes you hum along all day, thus insuring that people think you're on crack or maybe turkey (see number 5).
9. Pajama pants. The perfect post-gluttony attire. Drawstring waistbands are your friend.
10. Black toenails finally growing out, six or seven months post marathon.
11. Good smelling doggies. Maxie just came back from the groomer, he smells all cherry-vanilla-cococonuttie.
12. Cheap Wal-Mart lotion (Bodycology to be specific). This shit is the bomb. It's just as good as the Bath & Body variety, but a 1/4 of the price. It's a win/win situation. I recommend gardenia.
13. Choosing a training plan for your spring season. Not that I've done this yet, but I'm getting closer, maybe by Monday...
14. Beach vacations. Complete with the tropical drinks. Including the Dirty Monkey.
15. Knock knock jokes. Seriously, who doesn't love a good knock knock joke.
16. The Jerry Springer show. I love me some other folks drama. It makes my life seem so much more normal.
17. Inside jokes. Not the kind that come at someone else's expense, but the kind that are just triggered by an innocent phrase from someone not "in the know".
18. A good thunderstorm. Rain on the roof just puts me right to sleep.
19. Snow days. Although since I only live four miles down a totally straight road from the office, I guess I really don't have an excuse for not being able to make it in, but all my patients have an excuse, and I'm really not staying if you're not coming in.
20. Any excuse to make a list.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed their turkey or in some cases tofurkey.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome list. You are FIRST (noting to those who were tagged..hmmm) to see so far. :D

Happy Thankgiving!

L*I*S*A said...

That's a great list. I have many things to be thankful for this year, too.