Saturday, November 11, 2006

I got so much done today!!

We started Christmas shopping today...finally. I've been telling people for the last three weeks that I was getting ready to start my Christmas shopping, but this weekend is the first weekend that I've really had time to actually get started.
I managed to get my entire family done today, so that just leaves my husband's family left to buy for. Fortunately, we don't buy for everyone on his side of the family, just his dad, stepmom, mom, and grandma, so it shouldn't take much longer to knock the rest of the shopping out.
What this means is that we may be done by Thanksgiving! I like to get finished early, as I hate crowds when I'm shopping, and we all know that every store in the free world is busy during the month of December.
I'm not really sure yet what we're doing for Christmas, as it's recently come out that my father in law and stepmother in law really "don't like my family" and "don't want to do anything that would include my side of the family." We run into the same problem in some form or another every year. Wouldn't you think that people could put aside their differences and make an effort to get along for four or five hours?
On the running front, I did three miles on the treadmill this morning, as it was extremely cold here this morning. It was seventy five yesterday around noon, and by the time I left work at six last night it was in the low forties. They were predicting snow flurries last night and today, which fortunately seem to have missed us.
I picked up entry forms for two more 5k races this afternoon. One is next weekend. It's a race to benefit the track and cross country teams from the local high school. I think I'll run this one, as it includes a long sleeve tee shirt and I'm familiar with the course. I'd love to place in my age division again.
The other is the Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell run. This one is the weekend of Thanksgiving and it just sounds like a lot of fun.
I'm really not sure that I should be running either one though, as my right ankle is still giving me fits. I'm pretty sure I've sprained my spring ligament (the one that supports your arch), and yesterday after working all day I had visible swelling in my medial foot. This is not good...but I'm somewhat obsessive and am hard pressed to convince myself that this is a stop running and rest injury.

5 comments:

Sonia said...

That is so funny because I finished all my family (except my father) and friends Christmas gift this week too!!! I guess great minds think alike! Or hate the shopping rush near Dec 25th!

Wow 2 other 5K race! You're still so into it!!! I believe we have no other races in Windsor until March!!

Anonymous said...

I am going to be one of those who will doing their shopping last....sigh! I hope your ankle does not give you anymore problems.

Anonymous said...

WOW...you started your shopping? I'm duly impressed!

Anonymous said...

I finished and wrapped all my X-mas presents this weekend! I'm so excited.
nice job on the run.

SRR said...

I'm sorry...I had to stop reading after the first damn sentence! Christmas shopping already???? I wait until like the twent fucking fourth! So jealous!!!