Thursday, November 16, 2006

100 posts already?

That almost doesn't seem right. I feel like I've been blogging forever, but in reality have only been doing this since June. It's amazing to me how much has gone on in the past six (almost) months.
We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog entry for a giant WTF!!! Sorry, I just need to let you all know that the radio station I am listening to at work just aired the first Christmas carol of the holiday season. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas music...but this seems just a tad early. My husband loves Christmas music and has been known to listen to it in June or July; while I, on the other hand only like a very small amount of "seasonal" music. By only a small amount, I mean I only like Christmas music the day of Christmas. Does this make me a grinch? Maybe, but oh well.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I've been pretty busy this week, what with meetings, work, and trying to run a bit. I"ve also been feeling less than stellar this week. I don't know if it's just the quick change in temperature that's screwing with my internal thermostat, or if I'm really sick. But I've been feeling kind of run down and ucky all week. Hopefully, I'll get some extra sleep this weekend and that will help to recharge my batteries.
I'll admit, this morning I was so tired that I skipped my run. Perhaps I'll complete it on the treadmill tonight while watching some quality Thursday night television programming. Or maybe I'll just skip it completely. I don't know why I've got this idea in my head that I need to run six days a week when I'm not training. If I only run five days during training, then why should I run more days when I'm not training?
Today I've got a packed schedule. Patient care until 11:30, then a meeting over lunch time, then the dog to the groomer. I've got the afternoon off like I normally do on Thursday, but I've got to come back to work to see my evening patients, as I wasn't here last night because of a meeting. Might I just inform you that meetings suck. So of course, since I have to come back to work tonight, I won't really get much done in my afternoon at home, as I don't really like to start something and have to leave it half finished when I have to go back to work. I'm kind of neurotic about finishing what I start. That's a good thing, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Christmas music thing. Seems like Turkey Day is getting the shaft all the time.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Kristi. I am NOT alone. Wow!!

Watching TV while running is a good thing. Go for it!

TX Runner Mom said...

Ugh, Christmas music? Well, there were trees up at Target before Halloween...

I'm all for running and watching TV. It's the only time I can get in Grey's & ER on Thursday nights.