Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Unbelievable.

Wow. Every year it's the same old story in my neighborhood. Let me set the scene for you: It's a balmy November day, a day like any other day, a day like today in fact. The temperature is soaring for a late November day, it's probably one of the last truly nice days we'll see before the temperature dips into frigid.
Me, being the smart cookie that I am, go outside, as I do every year to do my outside holiday decorating on a warm day. Nosiree, you will not find this monkey freezing her coconuts off this weekend when the procrastinators of my neighborhood are out hanging their holiday lights and cursing their misfortune. Instead, I'll be sitting all snuggled up on my couch, drinking a hot cocoa with a little sumthin' sumthin' in it...and laughing at their dumb asses for not having the foresight to see that it was getting cold out. Get that shit up already.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Today I'm outside after work, hanging the lights on my bushes and wrapping the "candycane-esque" ribbon around the white columns on my porch. I'm minding my own business, when my dumbass neighbor comes home from work (read drinking beer and ogling waitresses at the bar).
We never talk to these neighbors, despite the fact that they live immediately next door to us, so imagine my surprise when he attempts to strike up a conversation with me. For a minute, I am at a loss for words, then I realize that we're having the exact same conversation that we had last year when I hung up the outside decorations. Seriously, word for word the same. And yes, I remember last year's conversation verbatim, as it was the dumbest, most asinine conversation I've possibly ever had.
Conversation consisted of DANG (dumbass neighbor guy) telling me it was too early to hang outside decorations up, and that I was making him look like a slacker to his kids for getting it done before December 15th. Yep, that's right, it's all me making you look like a slacker. It has nothing at all to do with the fact that you don't have a J-O-B and spend all day drinking beer in your pajamas and watching television in your garage. Don't ask what's up with that, cause I don't have a clue.
What's even funnier about the situation is that I am by no means the first person to put up lights and outside decorations. A lot of the neighborhood was doing it last weekend and several people already have their lights actually turned on. Isn't the holiday season fun?!?!

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

WOW! Well, I am not having any lights hanging from my porch. It's too complicate on a 1st floor apartment.....BTW, you have been tagged.