Saturday, November 18, 2006

I am a super stud!!!

Yes, yes I am. I just finished one of the two Turkey Trot runs that I'm doing this year. I wasn't going to run this one, but one of my patients is the father of the kid that organized this year's race and yesterday he told me that the kid was doing this as his Eagle Scout project. And, since I'm a sucker for a kid with a cause, and I wasn't doing anything today anyway...I showed up.
I'm glad I did, as I rocked my age division. That's right kids, I totally won the 20-29 year old women's bracket. I'm a total stud. I might also add that I also won third female overall. The two girls who beat me were high school track and cross country stars, and they only beat me by 1:30 something, so I'm good with that.
What's the winning time you ask? Try 23:58. That's right ladies and gents, K-Jo officially has broken 24:00 in the 5k. Reason number three that I'm psyched that I ran this race. I just barely squeaked in under the 24:00 mark, but nonetheless I still get credit for getting it done in time.
I convinced my mom to run this race, and she also won her age division. She also took home the 20 pound turkey that they held an attendance prize drawing for.
Overall, even though it was cold, it was a nice run. Part of the course was on gravel roads, which are not my friends, and it had rained for about three days straight this past week, so it was muddy and slippery, and really cold. All in all though, it was a good time.
My splits for the race were 7:28, 8:01 (that's the gravel part there), and 7:39. The last 1/10 of a mile or so was straight uphill, so forget about a finishing kick...
I'm just excited to change my PR list over in the right sidebar!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrads, Kristi! You ROCK! What a perfect to time win a turkey. It takes care of ONE part of the big day shopping. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Don't you kick ass!

Sonia said...

Wow, awesome time! congrats on breaking the 24 mins and the turkey!! You big speed racer!! =)