Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Only two more days of work this week!

Yes, that's right, two more days, not one. I am one of the unlucky saps that has to work the day after Thanksgiving. Thus the second reason that I have already completed my holiday shopping. Fortunately, tomorrow is a semi-light day, and when I left the office today, my schedule was empty after three thirty tomorrow. (And my 3:30 patient is one who is always 30 minutes early and only is in the office for forty five minutes, so theoretically, if the cosmos align just right, I could be done and on my way home by four tomorrow evening. How much would that rock?
I have very little to report on the running front, except that my lazy ass could not get out of bed this morning (despite having gone to bed at 9:00pm last night) so I had to run when I got home today, which is something I always dread. But I finished it, so yea! for me.
I also went to get a haircut today. I love the salon, really I do. I would like nothing better than to be a kept wife and have nothing to do all day except take lunch, get manicures, and have my hair blown out. Seriously, best thing ever to have someone else wash and style your hair. The salon I go to is a fairly upscale salon, I figure I've earned the right to a decent hair cut every six or eight weeks after years of paying my due at Custom Cuts.
Besides, my stylist does an awesome job and always seems to know exactly what I want. As much as I like the girl that cuts my hair, she kind of scares me. She's a bit like a Barbie doll, only smarter. She's always perfectly poised and looks like she just stepped out of a magazine. I was shocked as hell today though, as I was discussing her holiday plans with her, when all of the sudden she started slipping the occasional f-bomb and shit into her speech. Amazing. Here I thought that she was all high society, when really she's just like the rest of us. There's a lesson in here somewhere for me...

4 comments:

Sonia said...

Happy American thanksgiving!!! =) I'm guessing it's going to be hard to wake up early the next morning!!

MNFirefly said...

I love getting my hair done. But until I get hair at the right length, I will go the cheap route. I already spend $65 to get my roots touched up.

Stephanie said...

Ooooh, I love the moment when I discover someone intimidating is just a regular person.... Like when they step out of the bathroom and their skirt's tucked into their pantyhose accidentally. It's so validating. Or is that just me?

Here, here on being a kept wife. I keep looking for an 80 year old rich single guy, but am sadly having very little luck.

L*I*S*A said...

I think life is too short to not get wonderful haircuts. Enjoy!!