Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Final results for last Sunday's race just posted

And I finished third in my age bracket!!! How much does that rock? I was so excited. I've been steadily moving up the rankings since I started racing seriously a year ago, but this is the first time I've actually placed in the awards. I was even more pleased to see that the two women who finished ahead of me in my age bracket beat me by less than a minute. It's nice to see progress with my racing.
Overall I finished 20th out of 81 women, which is definitely not too shabby. I'm glad I decided to go ahead a run this race.
This morning's run went well, even though I was exhausted and didn't really want to get up and get going. I did a three miler on the treadmill. I've pretty much decided that I'm only going to do three miles a day from now until December. I've not yet picked a spring marathon, but I'm probably going to go ahead and start training anyway come December.
I figure I can always pick a marathon as I get closer to the spring racing season. I may just be a big sissy and run St. Louis again. I love running out of town races, but sometimes it's just so much easier to run here in town. More people that I know personally are able to show their support, and it's definitely more cost effective. If I do decide to travel, I'm considering Flying Pig, Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon, or who knows what else might peak my interest. I think that St. Louis is the earliest out of the three of these, so I'll be okay regardless of how things go.
I'm hoping that by cutting my mileage back a bit, my legs will get to feeling normal. I've been having some right foot issues lately. I'm really not sure what's going on or why it's going on, but I hope it stops soon. I'm having issues like I normally have when my shoes are old, but my shoes are less than a month old, and only have about 100 or 150 miles on them. Hmmm, maybe it's the running faster that's causing my issues?

5 comments:

Arcane said...

congratulations on the award!

Anonymous said...

So, another marathon - that is awesome! I thought about running the 1/2 in STL but right now I'm trying to get in wedding shape.
I'll be in Chicago for Turkey Day because I have to work Friday - so we'll have to run together telepathically.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You ROCK! (And yes, you can sing "Against the Wind" for me since I can not go see Bob Seger.)

Iron Jayhawk said...

Look at you go, you crazy speedster! AWESOME job getting third in your age bracket. That is sooo exciting!

Pssst...Country Music Marathon ;)

Sonia said...

WOOHOO!!! Finishing 3rd is awesome!!! You totally rock =)