Friday, December 01, 2006

This is the part I don't like

The sitting around waiting part. Of course it was nice that it snowed a ton last night. What wasn't so nice was that there was at least two or three inches of ice underneath the snow. Of course, since I only live a few miles from my office, I really didn't have any excuse for not making it into work.
I loaded my crap into the car and headed out. It took me almost thirty minutes to drive the less than five miles to my office. And now that I'm here, I'm just sitting, and waiting...and waiting. Apparently people aren't really sure if they're going to make it into their appointments today, so they're waiting until ten minutes before they're supposed to be here to call and cancel.
In three hours, I've seen one whole patient. I have however talked to eighteen of the twenty patients that were scheduled. Twelve of them have cancelled, and several of the others have decided that if they come in, they'll come in early.
There is no freakin' way that I'm going to sit here until six o'clock this evening waiting on people to come in.
Okay, the first half of this post was written while I was sitting around waiting for something to do. As it turned out, I only ended up seeing four of my twenty patients today. I was home by one this afternoon. Not such a bad deal.
As I was driving home I met the world's biggest jackass. I was driving along, at a nice slow fifteen miles per hour when out of nowhere, this dumb bastard in a suburban gets right on my ass. And by right on my ass, I mean so close to my rear bumper that I could not see anything other than his windshield and about an inch of his hood. We were driving down the highway access road, which is one lane in either direction, covered in ice, and goes up and down two or three big hills. Apparently, I was driving too slow for his liking, as the first gap in oncoming traffic that he found, he floored it around me...and promptly spun out into the ditch. Serves you right, genius. Perhaps you've learned that just because you have four wheel drive, doesn't mean you're a winning Indy driver.

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

ROFL...I see that a lot here in MN. People do not know how to drive in the snow and crap. Maybe he will more careful next time. Gotta love karma. :D

L*I*S*A said...

I would have stopped and taken that jackass' photo with my camera phone. What a jerk.

Sonia said...

lol he went into the ditch?!! Fun-ny!! I hope he learned his lesson: do not pass people who drive safely on ice!! lol

Anonymous said...

People really do suck when it comes to winter driving.

Jess said...

Thank god I don't have to drive in that crap anymore (although I do miss a snow day -- a hurricane day isn't quite the same), but I totally know what you mean by that jackass. It's hard for some to understand that four wheel drive isn't effective on ice -- four wheels will still be spinning and sliding!