Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I just couldn't wait

Alright all you OC fans...and I know you're out there, even if you don't openly admit that you're addicted to this show. I'm not too proud, I'll be the first to admit that I love the OC...even though it really is just a prime time version of a cheesy day time soap opera. I think it's even in my top five current television show list (which also includes Prison Break, Rescue Me, CSI, and House).
There's just something about all those pretty people gallivanting carefreely in the California sunshine...don't these people ever have jobs? Seriously, why do you never see anyone working on this show? But, I've digressed...back to the topic at hand, which is live streaming video on demand. (Best, no second best invention ever-go 'head, ask me what the best invention is)
The local Fox affiliate now offers live streaming video of some of their more popular shows. That's right, all your favorite Fox shows, anytime you damn well want them. Never again will I be forced to choose between the OC and CSI (like I ever make that choice anyway...that's what God invented Tivo for-which for those of you playing along, is the aforementioned best invention ever.) I almost crapped myself when I learned about live streaming video, as I immediately realized that the television networks just put ME in charge...and you thought I had a god complex before....mmmwahahaha!!!
You can watch tomorrow night's season premiere RIGHT NOW! Seriously, what are you doing still reading my blog?!?! I'll admit, the video quality was less than stellar, and the audio did not quite mesh perfectly with the video, but it matched well enough for you to get a pretty clear picture of the plot line and exactly who's doing what or who.
It's probably pathetic that I was so excited for this season premiere that I couldn't wait the last twenty four hours to watch it...but I prefer to think of it as enhancing my time management skills. Now it's just one more thing that I don't have to do tomorrow because I am so efficient that I was able to work it into my schedule today.
Now, I'm going to have to pursue this new enhancement of my television watching a bit more...I know I saw Prison Break listed there. Does it mean I'm mentally ill or just addicted if I try to stay up all night to watch the rest of the season?

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

I work during the evening and do not have Tivo...so I am not lucky enough to watch any of those shows.