Saturday, November 25, 2006

It's decided.

I've chosen a training plan. I'm using the plan that so many of my fellow RBF'ers spoke so highly of following the Chicago marathon. I'm going to use the low mileage Pfitzinger plan (55 miles a week for 18 weeks). Now if I could just decide which race to run. I'm leaning towards St. Louis again, even though I've done it twice already.
It's really a financial decision for me at this point, as there are several things in the works over the next year or so that are going to require a bit more saving in the budget (like a nice trip or two) and unfortunately travelling for a marathon doesn't really fit with that budget too well. I've also considered the benefit to knowing the course and having hometown support available as I make yet another try for a BQ time. Of course, I may change my mind between now and next week...my own self imposed deadline for choosing a race.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice decision. I have heard good things.

L*I*S*A said...

I think I'm going to use Pfitz for the Pig in May. I just hope I can somehow manage to do that, nursing clinicals and work full time!

Sonia said...

Pfitz seem like a great choice for you speedracer! It's demanding but you get great results with it (ryan (BQ) and Arcaner) both did well in Chicago with it.Good luck!!