Thursday, October 05, 2006

Why do I feel so busy?

I really haven't had that much on my plate this week, but it still feels like this week has been a whirlwind of activity. Things have been going well on the running front, although I admit, I was more than a little excited to get out of bed this morning knowing that I didn't have to run today.
I was less excited to know that I had to put in a full day of work though. I feel like I haven't got anything done this week except work and running. I haven't cleaned the house in preparation for being gone all weekend, we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to feeding the dog, and I still haven't put even two things into my bag of stuff that's going with me this weekend. In fact, I'm firmly convinced I'll probably forget something important...like my running socks.
I'm hoping that I get enough time at lunch today to run out and get some errands finished, and that I'm home early enough to throw together a bag for this weekend. Fortunately, I'm only working a half day tomorrow, and I should get off about three hours before my husband...perhaps I'll be able to get the house cleaned before he gets home and we head out.
I'm pretty excited about the race this weekend. I really love running in places that I haven't ever run before. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do about my four mile recovery run on Sunday yet. My husband's grandma kind of lives in a semi-rural area, and even though she's not on a "main" road, I seriously doubt that there are four miles worth of feeder streets in her area. I may have to see if I can find a park or a cemetery to get my four miler done at. Or I guess I could always just wait until we get home, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to want to run after sitting in the car for almost four hours.
If anyone in the Kansas City area has any recommendations for places to run near Lee's Summit, let me know!

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Good luck! You will do great!