Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Well, that went well

I have a screwed up schedule today. I normally work 1/2 days on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I have a messed up schedule all week since we'll be traveling to Kansas City on Friday afternoon. So I decided to flip my long Friday with my short Thursday to get all of my evening patients all of their visits this week. Wouldn't you know it, exactly one of those evening patients "just couldn't make it on Thursday, but really wanted to come in". Thus, I'm taking about three hours off this afternoon and then coming back to work to see one patient.
Where am I going with this story you ask? Well, normally I do my speedwork at the track on Tuesday nights. Since I'm coming back into work, and since it gets dark about seven now, I had to get my speedwork done this morning...on the treadmill.
I was dreading it, but it actually went pretty well. I did 10 repetitions of 400m at my normal speedwork pace, and ran 400m of recovery pace in between each set of speed. It really went well. I was pleasantly surprised to put it mildly.
Now I've got the satisfaction of knowing that my run for today is already finished. Having it out of the way seems to make the whole day just that much better.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome speedwork!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Are you excited for the KC Half? Dice over at Always on the Run is doing the half and then tmt4tnt is doing the full. You should try to meet up with them!!

Speedwork on the treadmill? You are far braver than I am!! I just can't do the whole treadmill thing. I need to feel the earth move out from under me, but I so desperately wish I were a treadmill girl...it'd make things easier in the winter, that's for sure. Way to get through it!