Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sometimes it's just hard to get going

Today was a short recovery run. I had a really hard time talking myself into getting today's run done. Once I started, I was mostly okay, although the calluses and semi-blisters on the baby toes of each foot didn't feel so great. I found myself trying to think of reasons to cut the run short pretty much from the second I started running. In the end, I ended up getting the whole run done.
We went to Fleet Feet for some new shoes today. I stuck to the tried and true Asics GT 2110s. I figured that since I've had such good luck with this shoe in the past, I shouldn't mess with it now. I'll admit, I kind of wanted to try on the new Asics Kinseas though. I was afraid that if I tried them on though, I'd love them and I'm really not wanting to spend twice as much on my shoes as I'm already spending. Maybe if I ever win the lottery...
We were given tickets to the Rams football game today. One of the surgeons that my company works with couldn't use his tickets, so he passed them along to our Director of Corporate Clinical Operations, who then passed them on to me as a token of appreciation. Needless to say, the seats were AWESOME. We were literally seventeen rows off the field behind the visiting team's bench. We were close enough to see the sweat on the brows of the players. Such great seats.
We didn't stay for the whole game, as my husband needed to study and I had stuff to do around the house, but the three quarters we watched were pretty good. The Rams were winning when we left, so hopefully they managed to hang on for the last quarter.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome run. It was VERY nice for them to give you the football tickets. I am glad that you enjoyed the game.