Saturday, October 28, 2006

I did my first run since the marathon this morning

It was nice. It was cold out, but it didn't seem as bad as last week, as it wasn't windy or rainy. I only did three miles, but it felt good to get back out of the roads. I tried to take it easy, but was so glad to be back running that I ended up going a bit faster then I really wanted to run.
I ran the normal route that I usually run for my long runs, but I cut it significantly shorter. It was kind of nice, as the rest of the St. Charles Runners Club was also out there, but I chose not to run with anyone else, so that I could focus on just running.
Then my husband took me to the IHOP for breakfast. I had an omelet, hash browns and almost two pancakes...with butter pecan syrup. Let me just say, the butter pecan is the best syrup ever!
This afternoon we went to catch a movie. We saw The Departed, with Matt Damon, Leo DeCaprio, and Jack Nicholson. Awesome movie, but lots of gratuitous violence.
It's been a nice relaxing day so far!

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Sounds like an nice run. I just got your stuff in the mail today. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to not have to run.