Monday, October 30, 2006

So I'm stressing...

I'm supposed to be having a home spa party this weekend. (Think Pampered Chef party, but instead of cooking it's grooming). The representative brings a bunch of facial products, lip peels, and instant manicure/pedicure products and everyone gets to try them out.
I sent the invitations out a week ago today and so far have only heard back from three of the fifteen people that I invited. (All three people I've heard from are coming though, so that's good, right?) I guess the idea of RSVP'ing is somewhat foreign to a lot of people. Which really isn't a problem under normal circumstances, but since the product representative needs to know by Thursday night how many people to bring supplies for...I guess I'll be making a lot of phone calls on Wednesday night.
In all honesty, I'm kind of a bit worked up about this party. I'm going to have to get up early on Saturday, as I have not yet done anything for this party. I haven't made a menu, purchased "favors" or really thought out where exactly I'm going to set this whole thing up at.
I've pretty much decided that since the party doesn't start until seven thirty, I'm going to only do dessert appetizers. The product line that the rep is bringing is chocolate themed (chocolate scented, flavored, colored, etc) so I'm thinking that all of my food will have chocolate tie-ins. So far I'm thinking of cake, brownies, cookies, some kind of fluffy pastry treat, chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows, and chocolate martinis. Anyone have any good ideas (easy too, please) for additional foodstuffs?

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Sounds YUMMMY! I hope you get some RVSP's soon.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey...I've got a few small sample size things of Tastefully Simple dips I could mail to you if you're interested. I think one or two might be of the chocolate caliber.

They're super delicious.

As for other food treats...maybe apples with a carmel chocolate dip? I've also got a rockin' recipe for Oreo Balls (which are quite easy to make and are freezable if you don't use 'em all).

At any rate, RSVPs are indeed unheard of these days. We had to call a handful of folks who didn't RSVP for our wedding and it was a pain in the rear.

I feel your pain. I hope the RSVPs roll in the next few days!