Monday, October 09, 2006

Only 13 days to go!!!

And 27 more miles before race day. That's the exciting part for me, when there are almost fewer miles left in the rest of your training than there are in the actual race itself. I ran my last five miler this morning. That means everything from here out is short and sweet, discounting that eight miler this coming Saturday. But, I figure eight miles is nothing. I can do in my sleep.
Speaking of sleep, does anyone want to do a dream analysis for me? I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that I was running a race in downtown St. Louis, and that I felt like I was running at a comfortable pace. I decided to stop and tie my shoe with only a short distance left in the race (sorry I couldn't quite see the mileage sign in my dream). I was pretty sure that I was somewhere in the middle to front of the group that was racing. Anyway, as I was tying my shoe, my college roommate (who does actually run) passed me.
When I got to the end of the race, the course organizers congratulated me on my second place finish. Apparently, by allowing my college roommate to pass me, I screwed myself out of the first place award. However, I did get the second place award....and this is where it gets really weird. The award for second place was an iguana.
Not just any iguana either, but a really big iguana, with a broken off tail. They also gave me the broken off tail, and I asked them if I really needed the tail. If it would reattach itself I'd take it, but otherwise...Anyway, they told me that it wouldn't reattach itself, but apparently the iguana needs his broken off tail to go wherever he goes, as it helps his self esteem?
So, long story short, I took my "iguana trophy" home and it proceeded to piss all over my house. Then I woke up.
Moral of the story: Don't drink Diet Coke before going to bed. In fact, don't drink Diet Coke at all, as it will give you some whacked dreams.

5 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

hahahaa...I got nothing for ya here. But that is some dream you had!! I've only had one marathon dream (well nightmare) this go around...I anticipate a few to come over the next 2 weeks!

Happy tapering!

Anonymous said...

What a great laugh you gave me.
What did Angie get in your dream?
Get some good sleep the next two weeks.

MNFirefly said...

ROFL...you got the weird pre-race dreams that most of us have had...and an iguana to boot too.

Enjoy the tapering!

Kristi said...

Angie (former roomie) got a boatload of cash and her name of the Hollywood Walk of Fame (?)

Arcane said...

Wish I could have dreams like that. I think I'm going to try some diet coke tonight. Though the iguana thing is a bit strange. What part of you subconscious did that come from?