Monday, October 16, 2006

It's almost here!!!

Marathon day is just six days away! I'm so excited. I'm excited to run the race, I'm excited to get out of town, and I'm really excited to have a three day weekend. I only have two short runs and a cross training day left before this marathon. We're officially into the homestretch!
This morning I did a quick three miles on the treadmill before heading to work. Amazingly enough, I did not have a bit of trouble prying myself out of bed for this run, as I knew how astonishingly short it was.
I will admit that I was somewhat dismayed though. My husband checked weather.com this morning and informed me that as of this morning the forecast for Sunday in Chicago is for RAIN! Please no...this is a contingency that I was not planning for.
Would you believe that not once during the entire eighteen weeks of training have I worried about what if it rains? It even rained during two of my long runs, and I still didn't worry about it. Now I'm panicking that it will rain on my parade, quite literally, and that this inclement weather will keep me from my elusive PR. Someone do the no rain dance...quick!

5 comments:

Arcane said...

I like looking at the accuweather.com forecast. They aren't predicting rain at the moment.

Iron Jayhawk said...

OH.

MY.

GOD.

i left you out...

...which is a catastrophe...because you're like...one of my favorite blogs.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebuz I'm getting old.

I'm sorry. :(

I'll fix it...

Iron Jayhawk said...

Okay....crisis under control.

I cannot believe that happened. Seriously...I'm out of it. Please don't run me off the course in haste?

I'll tell you straight out Chicago weather is so stinkin hard to predict. The weather folks really are clueless. It's too soon to tell about the rain...so there's still hope!!!

When do you get into town?

MNFirefly said...

I wish I could send positive vibes for you. They talking rain for my 5 miler race on Saturday. :(

Anonymous said...

I check weather.com and not only does it still say rain but the temp keeps getting lower but I have all my patients doing an anti rain dance.
Would still love to catch up with - when do you get in town? let me know if you can meet up - I'll email you my cell phone number.