Thursday, October 26, 2006

Feeling good!

It's now four days after the marathon, and I am feeling pretty much 100% normal. I guess I did something right with my training. I have one small sore spot along the shaft of my fifth metatarsal that hurts if I turn my foot just right, and I've still got some slight discomfort from the bruise on my shin, but overall I'm doing great.
I started light stationary cycling on Tuesday night, and did a bit yesterday and today as well. I'm planning on resuming running on Saturday morning. I'm only planning on doing three or four miles, depending on how I feel once I get going.
My parents are leaving on Saturday morning for a two week cruise of the Hawaiian islands, and since I have to take them to the airport early on Saturday morning, I figured I should stop on my way home and get my run out of the way. I'm kind of eager to get back into gear, my legs are feeling very antsy!

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! Sounds like you did everything right. Cool beans. Good luck tommorow.

Iron Jayhawk said...

I'm glad to hear that your recovery has gone so well. Mike and I are itching to get back out there, too. Like you, we're taking an easy distance in the morning.

Keep those legs moving!