Monday, April 09, 2007

Why can't I sleep?

Last night was the worst night I have ever had as far as trying to sleep goes. I went to bed a nine, figuring that way I could get up early this morning and get my run in before I went to work, which is something I used to do daily but haven't done in at least four or five months. At midnight last night I was still awake. And per my husband, when I can't sleep, he doesn't sleep. Apparently, every time I turn over in bed I literally pick my entire body up and "fling" it to the other side, and all of this is accompanied by some extremely heavy sighing.
I finally fell asleep just after midnight, only to wake back up at 1:30. I wasn't awake for too long then, but at 4:00am the damn clock in the kitchen...which chimes the hour started going off. Normally this clock is only active between 6am and 9pm and then it's silent all night, but dear husband was "trying to adjust the volume" and got the clock all confused. So I was awoken again, and again at five. What a disaster.
I think most of the reason I can't sleep is because I'm stressed about work. It seems entirely too coincidental that the most difficult nights I have are Sunday nights. My caseload is way slow right now. I've only got seven patients scheduled today, and four of those will be finished by the end of the week. So far, I have no new patients on my schedule for the rest of this week to replace these people with. I can't remember ever having been so slow before in my life. I'm stressing a lot over this. I've been doing everything I need to do including getting good results, going out and visiting doctors, and trying to keep my hands into other things (ie:chamber of commerce/non-profits/etc.) but nothing seems to be paying off at this time.
My only consulation at this time is knowing that we're short a therapist in one of our other offices, and that same office has someone else who is leaving at the end of the month. So hopefully, should they decide to close my office I'll still have a job. The only drawback to maybe switching offices is that the office that needs help is about forty minutes from my house instead of the five I drive now...and there's no way I'd be able to get from that office to the daycare we chose by the time that the daycare closes. But I guess there's no use worrying about that just yet, I'll have to wait to cross that bridge if and when I get there.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

I hope that work get a little bit better. I totally understand the lack of sleep. It really sucks..and adding it on top of work is NO fun!