Saturday, April 21, 2007

Baby birds and slumber parties

This morning as dear hubby was cutting the grass he stumbled across three baby birds. Brand ing new baby birds, as in, didn't have feathers and their eyes were still closed baby birds. Two had died already, but the third was still alive. We didn't have any idea what to do with this baby bird. We discussed putting it in a shoebox and trying to take care of it, but didn't really know what we would feed it, or if it would even survive if we tried, so we just had to leave it alone. I'm sure that it will die eventually, probably sooner rather than later, but it was still kind of sad.
Last night I went with a friend to a slumber party. Not an actual sleepover, but a "Slumber Party". Yep, I went to one of those ladies toy parties. You would not believe the stuff that they had at this party...you name it, they had it. Swings for your bedroom, lubricants, s, and all kinds of other interesting stuff. Needless to say, I got quite an education. It was fun though.

2 comments:

Arcane said...

There's not much you can do about the babies. I wonder where the mother went. There's a Canadian goose nest outside my window at work and I sometimes see the mother nudging the eggs around. I can't wait till they hatch.

MNFirefly said...

That's SO sad for the baby bird!