Sunday, April 15, 2007

Weekends seem so short

Maybe the weekends go so fast because I truly dread Mondays. Maybe it's because I'm fearful that tonight will be a repeat performance of last Sunday night and I'll have trouble falling asleep/staying asleep. Or maybe we really enter into a time warp on Friday night and the weekends really do go faster. Any way you slice it, time flies.
This weekend found us checking out Disturbia. Awesome movie, by the way. I could completely see this movie happening in my neighborhood...I've even got the pyschotic killer already cast.
I felt the need to do some shopping yesterday...this almost never happens, as I really don't like to shop under normal circumstances. I finally decided that I needed some spring clothes that would accomodate my ever-enlarging abdomen, I'm tired of feeling fat every day. So, I had gift cards to a couple of stores at the mall and was able to get a couple of cute tops. I also picked up a couple more things on sale at the maternity store...so many cute things in that store, but I have such a hard time justifying spending a ton of cash on stuff I'm only going to wear until the end of the summer.
I've still got a few more gift cards, so later this week or next week I may be needing to take myself on another shopping spree. I really need to pace myself.
I did not run yesterday. I had a splitting headache most of the day, which I woke up with again today. Fortunatly I was able to take something early enough today to keep it from getting really bad. I felt well enough this afternoon to take my treadmill for a quick three mile spin. Even though I just slowed down last week to 9.5 minute miles, I'm feeling like I need to slow it down a bit more again. I just get so tired so quick, and I got winded walking up the stairs earlier today...goodbye cardiovascular endurance.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You know why your weekends seem so short? Because I was taking a hiatus until the end of this week, that's why! Blogger locked me out until I promised to finally upgrade.

No lunch meat?? What's the reason? I must say, that's the dealbreaker: No kids for me!

Sorry to hear you're getting winded faster, but you deserve a great big round of applause for continuing to run - good for you!

MNFirefly said...

I wish I had an actual It went too damn fast. I hope the headache gets better soon.