Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm on a roll now

A blogging roll that is. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself, but you never know. Today we got up fairly early. I was able to get some easy, non-difficult stationary biking in while I read the latest issue of People, which I pilfered from my office. I'm in charge damnit, I can do these things.
Then we figured that since we were already up, we'd go see The Reaping, with Hilary Swank. She's awesome, but this movie blew. I did not like it even a little. I had a tough time buying what they were selling, but the special effects (ie: the plagues) were pretty damn cool.
We then came home, collected the Max-inator and went to my mom and dad's for lunch. We had a pretty good time there. My parents are going to buy us our carseat and stroller as a welcome baby gift, so that's pretty cool. Knowing my mom, we'll probably have it in hand by next weekend. I was really surprised, as it was just my husband and I invited for lunch. I kind of thought my dad's mom would be there, and was prepared for a full sermon on how I'm too young to have a kid, (even though I'm older now than she was when she had my dad) or how terrible it is that I'm going back to work after I've taken my maternity leave (yeah, try raising anything other than your credit card debt on just one salary now days.)
We left after spending a couple of hours there (during which the dog barked pretty much nonstop) and came home to clean the house, mow the lawn, do laundry, pay bills, and a three mile run. I am now thouroughly exhausted, but I feel like I got a lot done.

1 comment:

Arcane said...

Thanks for the detailed info on the massage. I tried it out and you weren't kidding about the pain! I found a tender spot that I never noticed before and could only bear massaging it for about 5 minutes before I was in tears. As a result, my whole calf has cramped up, but it seems that the ankle is much better now which I think is a good sign. Thanks again!!