Saturday, December 16, 2006

A quick recap of the weekend thus far

This morning I got up at five thirty...yes, that's five thirty in the AM, on a weekend. I wanted to get some things arranged for the family Christmas dinner that I was hosting this afternoon before I headed out for my twelve mile run. I got a few things done, went out and had a great run. Met up with a group of six regular runners on my way back and had a nice time talking to them for about a mile...until we hit the mother of all hills. (I need to take my camera with me sometime and take a picture of this hill for you all. Words do not do it justice) I was keeping up with them very well until this hill, at which point they proceeded to completely school me. I got my ass kicked, and then some.
Then I came home, got cleaned up, ate a quick something (string cheese, powerade, and gummy bears...three of the four major food groups, right?) and headed out the run Kristi's taxi. I had to pick up my two grandmothers and my godmother. None of whom really get along, so you can imagine how much fun this trip was. I brought them back to my house and then scrambled to finish dinner. Fortunately I left detailed instructions for my husband and he follows directions very, very well. He got the meat started. I had done most of the prep work last night, so really all that needed to be done was potatoes boiled and casseroles/stuffing warmed up.
We managed to get dinner on the table by one, and then sat around letting food digest for awhile. We then opened some gifts, had dessert and I made the rounds taking old ladies home again. Overall, it was a pretty good time, and by doing it this weekend it will take some of the stress out of next weekend. Next weekend we'll have my husband's dad and stepmom in town and we'll have to find time to go see his mother at some point.
In about twenty minutes we'll be heading out to one of our neighbor's homes for the neighborhood potluck. With any luck, we'll be home soon from that, as I'm dragging already. The holiday's just wear me out.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

String cheese, powerade, and gummy bears....DEFINITELY all healthy. LOL!

As for the family gathering, wow! It would be hard for me to put up with what you did. One less thing to deal with.