Monday, December 11, 2006

Day One: Pfitz plan

Day one was cake. All the schedule called for was some cross training. It's weird not to run on a Monday. The only times I've not run on a Monday were the two Monday's after my last two marathons.
I did some light stationary cycling today. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Tomorrow's schedule calls for seven miles at a comfortable pace. I'm thinking this means at lactate threshold, which if I'm interpreting my charts correctly means should be around my 1/2 marathon pace...which would put me just under a 9:00 mile. That's what I'm going to shoot for at least. Hopefully this will go well.
I'm still just a little sore from my long run on Saturday and my race yesterday. My hamstrings were screaming last night. I'm hoping if I stretch a bit tonight that'll loosen 'em up a bit.

4 comments:

Arcane said...

General aerobic should be at your long run pace, maybe a bit faster. 7 miles at threshold pace is for way later in the plan. Good luck with the training!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the training. My legs are hurting too. You are not alone.

LeahC said...

i agree with arcaner.....your LT pace would be way to fast. General aerobic is just slighly faster than your long run paces. Last summer I did long runs around 9:15-9:20 and GA runs around 8:30, LT miles were then under 8.

jen said...

Hi Kristi!

I just wanted to wish you good luck in your training! I just used Pfitz 12/55 plan to complete my 3rd marathon and I BQ'd!! I know you will love it. I thought it was a little intimidating at first, but I handled the mileage well and never felt burnt out. You can do it! :)

Oh, and I second (third?) the comment that GA pace is quite a bit slower than LT. I think it can vary depending on how you feel, but don't push it.

Jen