Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What a great run

Today I did 8 miles with 10 x 100 meter strides. It went well. Much better than the workout last Tuesday went. I completed the mileage in just under 72 minutes, which put me right in my target pace zone at a 9:00/mile pace. I ran the same course that I ran for my two weekday runs last week. I never realized exactly how many hills there are in my neighborhood until I started running them regularly.
My only complaint was that it was slightly colder out this week than it was last week. My face still feels chapped from running into the wind during the first half of today's run. I'm always shocked when I go outside and I get cold while running, as I've been completely spoiled by the higher temperatures so far this winter. It's got to end sometime, so why am I so surprised when it does?
Doctor Stephanie tagged me today, so with no further adieu: The game is this. Go to the closest book, type it's title and author into your blog entry. Then turn to page 123 and find the fifth sentence on that page. Type the next three sentences. Tag three more people.
What is the point of the game? Got me. But I'm a sucker for a chain letter game, so here goes:
The book is Mary Mary, by James Patterson. My lines are as follows: Late that same day, the Storyteller was driving north on the 405, the San Diego Freeway, which was moving okay at about forty or so, and he was working over his "hate list" in his mind. Who did he want to do next, or if not next, before this thing wound down and he had to stop killing or be caught? Stop! Just as suddenly as it had begun.
Yes, I love me some serial killer fiction. The more gruesome the better. I'm a sick puppy. But the book is very well written and extremely entertaining. I highly recommend it. Thanks to the good Doc for the tag.
I'm tagging Firefly, Sonia, and Arcaner. Come on, you know you want to play!

5 comments:

LeahC said...

uh...serial killer fiction = the best! You might like The First Deadly Sin by Lawrence Sanders....one of the best and a classic!

MNFirefly said...

Nice run, Kristi!

Stephanie said...

Of COURSE there's a point! The point is.... It's.... Well, you know....

Okay, there IS no point.

But I still liked your excerpt!

Sonia said...

Congrats on the run!!

I'm sooooooo excited I got tagged!!! hahaha I feel special! =) Thanks Kristi!

L*I*S*A said...

I have to say, that's a very creative tag!