Tuesday, December 12, 2006

First Real Running Day

Today was the first "real" day of the Pfitz plan. I had seven miles with 10 x 100meter strides on the schedule. It actually went great. I was a little fuzzy on what exactly my pace should be because I hadn't yet managed to ask for some serious help from those in the know. I ran the seven miles at a 9:00/mile pace, which after emailing back and forth with Leah, I think is pretty much right on target.
Let me just add how much Leah rocks to this post. I was so incredibly confused and she managed to get my paces all squared away and making perfect sense for me! I am amazed at the talents of my fellow RBF'ers every day.
I'm feeling much more confident after today's run. I ran a good course, it was an out and back of 3.4 miles and then I finished with my striders in the street in front of my house. I actually ended up doing just over seven miles, because I miscalculated how far 100meters translated into in tenths of a mile. I'm so not good with numbers.
I thought that I was going to have a beautiful day for running outside, as I had been out running around all morning while doing some marketing to physician offices with one of my coworkers. Alas, by the time I got home and scarfed down a smidge of lunch, the temperature had dropped. I was cold at first in my shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt, but I quickly warmed up. I was not counting on the wind though. I'd forgotten how much more work it is to run in cold weather with wind than it is in warm weather with wind.
Tomorrow is a cross training day, and then Thursday has 9 miles general aerobic on the schedule. Hopefully that will go as well as today went.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how soon you forget about the Chicago cold and wind, little one.. :^)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. I'm glad someone was able to help you.

I would recommend just plugging in your best time into McMillan and just using those paces to start. You'll figure out which paces you can handle and which you can't as you train and be able to adjust as the schedule progresses.

-arcaner

LeahC said...

thanks!!! I love to help so I'm glad that I was able to :-) Nice job on the workout and keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice job.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job!!!