Sunday, December 17, 2006

Who knew?

That recovery runs would almost be harder to pace then regular long runs and aerobic runs? I sure didn't. I did a four mile recovery run, and I thought that I'd just run on the treadmill this morning. It was sprinkling a little when I thought about getting started this morning, and I wasn't really feeling the outside run anyway.
I figured it'd be easier to pace on the treadmill, as you can just set the speed and go...but I kept feeling the urge to turn the speed up, as the 10:00/mile pace that I'm supposed to run for recovery runs felt really, really slow to me. I forced myself to stay at the pace, but I really struggled to not go any faster. That's a good thing, right?
Last night's neighborhood Christmas party went well. We had great food and a pretty good time. It's nice to get to see that crowd, but after spending a few hours with them I'm pretty much done for a few months. They sure know how to party. Every time they get together it's a drunken lovefest full of smack talkin' and dirty joke telling. There's one guy who ends up taking at least some portion of his clothing off every time he gets drunk...fortunately we left before this took place yesterday. It's an interesting crowd.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

WOW! Your neighbors can be wild sometimes. I find it is hard to go slow too. I just keep at the pace that I am comfortable with.

LeahC said...

make sure you stay on pace for those recovery runs. I was not doing this over the summer and ended up having a *very* hard time with the other workouts. nice job to force yourself to stick at the slower pace.