Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Why does 5am come so early?

Last night was a formal speedwork session. I was right, it was really tough. The guys who run the program advise you to try to run a little faster with each repeat. I think I set the bar to high on my first repeat. I just got slower and slower with each repeat. I have never been so tired in my life...my legs felt like they were eighty years old.

Today I decided that I would get up and try to get my run in before heading out to work. No big deal right? I've always run in the morning, or at least until last month when we went on vacation. Ever since I've been back, I've found it extremely difficult to get out of bed in the morning. I love the feeling of getting the run done with and dread coming home to a run...but I've just been so stinkin tired lately.

So I set a goal for this week of getting my run knocked out before work 3 of the 4 days that I was planning on running. Since last night was a formal speed session, that meant I HAD to get up today, and I have to get up early tomorrow. The good news is, I did it...although it was the hardest three miles ever I think.

But, now I've got the rest of the evening free, which is good since I'm supposed to be meeting some friends for dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Don't you just hate 5 am - I'll be seeing that time tomorrow

Iron Jayhawk said...

Mmmmm...rest is good.

I've YET to get the motivation to try and run in the morning before work.

...hmmm...maybe tomorrow I should try. Ooooooooooor...maybe not. :)