Friday, June 23, 2006

First long training run since April tomorrow

That's right, it's finally here. Tomorrow is my first official long run of the fall marathon training season. I'm actually really excited about it. I'm supposed to do six miles, but I'm thinking about doing ten instead. I feel good today, and I'm going to go to bed early, so I should feel good tomorrow.
I've done everything almost everything right today. I ate healthy, drank a ton of water, and didn't do any type of exercise. The one slip was a small adult beverage after I got home from work as I got ready for dinner. No big deal, right? Right.
My fuel belt arrived today, so I picked that up this evening. I wore it around the house while I was straightening up...I love it already. It is my new best friend. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.
The course I'm running tomorrow is the Fleet Feet Saturday morning group run course. The group usually starts at seven o'clock, but I'm thinking I might try to be on the course by six. I don't really like to run with a group. I like to be alone with my thoughts and my i-Pod. I like to run with one or two people that I already know well, but am not too keen on making small talk with strangers while running.
I've been toying with the idea of adding a 10K race next weekend and an 8K (running the races and then tacking the extra miles that I need to run onto the end of the races)in three weeks, but so far haven't committed. I really want to do the 10K, but it's in Hannibal, MO which is about an hour and a half away...and my husband's cousin is getting married (an hour and a half drive in the opposite way) on the same day as the race. Of course the race is at 7am, and the wedding isn't until 2pm, so I'd probably be okay. I kind of feel like maybe I'm looking for an excuse not to do the race. But I feel like I should do it, because there really aren't that many 10K races around this area. I need to make a decision!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got a great belt - I hate those things - if only I could get my hips smaller.
Good luck with the long run