Friday, June 09, 2006

Finally Friday

This could quite possibly have been the longest week of my life. My patient census sucked eggs this week. If everyone shows up today, I will have seen exactly thirty patients. For those of you keeping score at home, that's less than one patient per hour for the entire week. If it tells you anything about the state of my practice...I'm blogging from my office. Not good.

My office staff keeps telling me to chill out, that this is a "nice" break from the madness that it usually is around here. All a low census means to me is that I have to go market my clinic to physicians, which is something that I hate to do. I like to talk but hate to schmooze and I really suck at ass kissing.

On a lighter note, this weekend should be a busy one. I've got Race for the Cure tomorrow morning. They've changed the route and the format this year, so we'll see how it works out. This is the first year that the runners have not started fiteen minutes ahead of the walkers, so it may be a mad mess for the first mile and a half. I've also got a basketball tourney tomorrow that we're doing promotional stuff at. That might be fun.

I'm not planning on a long run this weekend since I'll be busy with other stuff. Hopefully the weekend goes just as slowly as the work week went.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate marketing as well. I hope that you get an influx of patients soon. Good luck at the Race this weekend - at the Yme race they had the runners and walkers start at the same time - one word disaster.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey there fellow Chicago Marathoner. :) Hope you had a good race this weekend!!