Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A good idea

In honor of Island Girl Runs post from last week...which I just discovered today, and because I've had a all around sucky day (I'll spare you the gory details but sufice to say the visit to the dentist at lunch today WAS the highlight of the day.) here is my list of twenty things that I love:

  • Long runs
  • Rain on the roof when I'm falling asleep
  • My morning "face time" with Max dog
  • How my husband tries to "stay out of my way" when I'm pissed off
  • Half days of work
  • Clean sheets
  • Fresh blackberries with Splenda
  • People who don't avoid conflict
  • Music with a good bass line that I can crank up and rock out to when driving home
  • Lame pick up lines...not that I've heard any recently, but I got a dynamite list of them from a friend today
  • Sno cones after a summer speedwork session
  • Being all done with my chores for the day
  • Shoes...shoes...shoes
  • Funky colored clothing...like the orange capri pants that I wore to work today
  • Patients telling me that I look skinny
  • Free race scwhag...seriously folks, THIS is why I run...I desperately need those fifty seven tee shirts that say "I ran XXX race.
  • The looks I get from random people (and the way I walk a little taller) when I wear my "big" race shirts (ie: marathon finisher shirts)
  • Wasting time vegetating in front of some truly horrible television show...the kind that lowers your IQ ten points when you even thinking about watching them.
  • Pancakes on Sunday morning
  • Driving around looking at the houses we'd buy "if we had the money"
Suprisingly enough, I feel better now. Whew.

1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who dream shops for homes they can't afford!! :)

Hugs to you, K!