Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I was right, the air conditioner is broken

So the air conditioning repair company sent a different repair guy out today. Low and behold...he thinks that we need a whole new air conditioning unit. I told you so, I told you so. I knew that thing wasn't "just low on freon". It's good to know so much.
Today was my last run for the week until my long run on Saturday. I did a fairly tough four miles on the treadmill before going to work. I'm going to cross train tomorrow morning on the stationary bike before going to work, and then try to get in a little weight training after work. For some reason, I seem to absolutely hate weight training. I just don't see the immediate (or so it seems) gains with weight training that I see with cardio. My husband is the opposite, he loves to weight train, but hates cardio. If only we could combine the best parts of both of our workout ethics....
My long run this week is scheduled for a six miler...so it's not really long, just longer than what I've been doing recently. I've been thinking about bumping it up to a ten miler, because the course I like to run is a five mile out, five mile back course, and I feel like a sissy turning around at the three mile mark when the rest of the saturday morning long run group is going to the end. If there is one thing I'm not, it's a sissy. How far I go will depend on whether or not my new fuel belt comes in by Friday like its supposed to.
I bought a fuel belt from Fleet Feet last week, and of course thought I knew more than the sales guy (so dumb of me). I discovered that the belt fit fine around my waist, which is great, but I like to wear it around my hips...and it was too small to go around my hips comfortably. So I exchanged it the same day I bought it, or tried to. They had to order my size. It should show up on Friday. If it doesn't come in on time, I guess I could always get up earlier and head out before it gets really steamy.
We'll see.

1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

I'm with you on the fuel belt around the hips and not waist. Drives me nuts!!

Good luck on the long run. You'll do great!