Monday, June 26, 2006

I always feel so much better after getting my run out of the way

I don't know why I ever let the morning run thing lag off. I always feel so much better about the day after I get it done. Instead of heading to work feeling like I have a million and six things to do when the workday is over, I feel like I've already accomplished a ton. I'm not sure if the whole morning running thing just wakes me up a little, or if I just like that satisfied feeling of knowing that I've done more by 5:30 than some people do all day. Of course, I may change my opinion about the whole getting up early thing when I'm actually doing serious mileage in a few weeks...
Today was just another easy three, I bumped my speed up a bit from where I was yesterday since I felt pretty good. The only problem was...shall we say...a digestive issue. I'm trying to phrase it delicately for all you breakfast blog-readers, but we all know what I'm talking about. I'll spare you the gory details.
I find that as I get older, my digestive system becomes more and more sensitive to certain foods. When I was in college I had a cast iron stomach. I could eat pretty much whatever I wanted and not have any trouble. Now though...it doesn't take much to upset the gentle balance of the GI tract. Seriously, the list of foods not to eat before a long run is now about as long as my arm, unfortunately these foods are often things I really like. (See yesterday's post re: 4 favorite foods).
Tonight I plan on doing a little bit of stationary cycling while I watch the new Treasure Hunters, just because I find it hard to sit on the couch and just watch television. So my logic is, if I'm riding the stationary bike as I watch television, I'm not really wasting my time. Always quick with the justification, that's me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you must be really fit because I now seem so lazy because I'm watching TV all the time reading and snuggling with my dog. Cheers to you.

And, I'm glad that I'm not the only one with the GI problems I'm beginning to think I might have to go vegan because diary and I don't seem to be getting along so well.

Quilt Granny said...

Hey I just visited your blog. I SO hear you with the getting up and getting it (the run) over with. I too went for my run this a.m. I was up and out the door by 5:20 a.m. and back home into the shower by 6:18 a.m. Woo Hoo

And, I also watched the New Treasure Hunters last night - 2 hours and I almost jumped into the TV and garrotted the group who went for the burger in the middle of the thing. Omidgod...will I be able to stand it. I hope so because I shall surely die without my regular dose of reality TV.

Come visit me sometime at Island Girl Runs, or perhaps my cat at Fat Eddy and His Freakout.