Saturday, March 31, 2007

Oh no they din't...

I really have no tolerance for bullshit anymore. We went to dinner with some friends last night. We actually had a really good time until we got ready to leave the resturant, at which point the husband of the couple called me a fatso and told me that "you're really starting to pack on the pounds now." Uhmmm, yeah, I've gained weight, but not that much (only 9.5 pounds so far) and it's really all belly. My response to him was that I should hope I've gained weight since I'm almost halfway through my pregnancy. I chalked it up to him being an insensitive jerk and let it go.
Then, once we got home, his wife wanted to see what we'd done with the nursery, so I took her up to look at it. She noticed that I had two shirts hanging from the door jamb in the hall bathroom (they were from a load of laundry that I did on Thursday and they needed to be ironed). She commented that she hadn't seen them before and they were cute. Then she asked if they were maternity and I said no, that they were from last summer, as I'm still able to wear a lot of my pre-prego shirts. She replied "well, you won't be able to do that much longer since you're only going to get bigger." Fine, no big deal if she had left it at that, but she continued the statement by adding that I should just give them to her, because "let's face it, you're never going to be that size again."
Yep, I'm totally planning on gaining forty or fifty more pounds in the next twenty weeks and then staying the size of the Goodyear blimp for the rest of my life. What the hell do people think sometimes?

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

What?! That's SO wrong. People are so stupid sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Not cool at all. I'm sure you look radiant and cute.