Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sometimes things just get away from me...

Like updating my blog. I was so insanely busy last week, I barely felt like the week had started and it was already over. I had no less than three meetings last week for work, one of which was a dinner/speaker series with a bunch of case managers (that lasted until almost nine at night) and was a total snooze-fest. I also had CPR recertification. Two and a half hours later, I think I can save your life if you stop breathing in my clinic, but I'm only giving you rescue breathing if I like you. I only feel it's fair to warn you that waht will most likely happen if you do stop breathing in my clinic, is that I will cheerfully drag your still warm carcass to the parking lot...you're not my responsibility once you're out the door. I will however, in the interest of playing fair, call the paramedics for you.
We also had some family drama. Grandma broke her tailbone two weeks ago...no, she didn't fall, but rather experienced a compression fracture when she bent over to pick up her newspaper from the yard. This ended up being a major issue, as three or four days later, she couldn't get out of bed and had to have EMS called to take her to the ER. She was obviously not able to go home by herself after her brief stay in the hospital, so skilled nursing was really the only option. My mother, who normally deals with all of Grandma's issues, did not handle this well. Grandma ended up in a really nice facility, and seemed to be in good spirits when I visited this afternoon. It helps that she's feeling well enough and is mobile enough to go home on Friday. Although it was a short stay, it was long enough to convince her that she hopes she'll never have to go back there.
Today was a GOTR day. This was the lesson on being thankful and taking time out of each day for yourself. It was a good lesson for the girls to participate in, but I'm not sure how much they really got out of it. The running workout today was supposed to be done silently and each girl was supposed to run two miles. Most girls got the two miles accomplished, and a few even got three or four miles done. That's a huge accomplishment, considering some of them had really never run before. The running "quietly" did not get done though. This age group loves, loves, loves to talk and just couldn't spend the two miles "looking inside themselves" I can't say I blame them!
So that's the recap of the last nine days in a greatly condensed version. Hopefully my posting will become more regular again.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

So sorry about your grandma. I hope it gets easier for your mom.

Stephanie said...

I'm not gonna pretend that I didn't feel abandoned. And it hurt. [sniffle] But I guess I can understand, in light of everything else that's been happening. Just... you know, make sure it doesn't happen again, 'kay?

Also, I'm glad your grandmother is doing better. It's always worrisome when older people fall - you all must be relieved!