Sunday, March 04, 2007

Another great weekend....

This weekend was another one that was jam packed with stuff. Yesterday we slept in and then tried to get a bunch of stuff done around the house. I managed to get the entire house cleaned (except for one load of laundry, which I still have to do) and the hubby put the baby's furniture together. We went to a trivia night to benefit my alma mater last night with two of my college girlfriends, their husbands, and our cousin and her husband. It was a good time. The only problem was that we didn't do so great with the trivia. Apparently, the questions either got harder as the night went on, or our table got dumber as the beer was drunk. (Not by me of course, but my table still drank their monies worth.)
We ended up finishing second from last. An extremely poor showing. But in our defense, they did have a cateogory that was nothing but pasta. As in: identify the pasta in this baggie with it's correct Italian name. Yep, we sucked it up on that round...and pretty much every other round.
Today we slept in again, and then went to see Zodiac. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie ever since I first saw the previews last December. It was worth the wait. It was an awesome movie. I was a little disappointed in the ending, but I guess when you're doing a movie based on fact, you're not really allowed much creative license with it. Next on our adgenda is my husband's pick. He really wants to see that movie about the Romans (300) so we'll see how it is next weekend.
The best part about this weekend is that it's not over yet. I've still got at least five or six hours before heading to bed...just enough time to grow some roots into my couch. I've been thinking about maybe running today, but so far haven't mustered up the energy. We'll see.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, Kristi. I am not that great with trivia myself so don't feel bad....with or without alcohol involved.

Anonymous said...

At least you showed up at MU! Nice of you to show some support.

Faithful Soles said...

I am also going to see 300 this weekend. Are you aware that it is an actual event that took place in 480 B.C., although this movie is really more or less a very different version, but the premise is still based on the true story. The original movie, "300 Spartans", was made in the early 60's and is a far cry from the new release.

By the way, I wanted to thank you again for linking to our Blog Database on the main Faithful Soles web site. We now have bloggers from 37 states in the USA and 20 other countries.