Thursday, March 15, 2007

Happy birthday to me...

Yep, that's right campers, the running monkey has officially entered the last year of her twenties. I'm not worried though, Grandma always says you're only as old as you feel.
It's been a lowkey birthday for me this year. My husband's parents called early this morning before I went to work to wish me a happy birthday, my mom called at lunch time, my mother in law called earlier this evening and left a message...which may or may not have included a birthday wish. (honestly I can't remember). Dear husband took me to lunch at a new pizza buffet, which was awesome. My gift from the hubby is in transit via UPS and should arrive tomorrow, and I've got a giant cookie cake sitting on my kitchen counter, which I'm totally tearing into later tonight. Sugar high here I come.
In other news, my March Madness pool is going so-so. I picked four teams out of eight (I think) right, but got screwed on one of my brackets already...damn you Stanford for getting knocked out early. Four right still puts me at the bottome of my bracket. That's okay though.
I managed to churn out three slow miles on the treadmill today. My running is staying pretty consistent. I'm managing to get in three miles at least five days a week, I hesitate to do more than that as my heartrate starts to climb a little the longer I run. I'm feeling pretty good about the running overall though. No real aches or pains after I'm finished with it, and I'm not too terribly tired either.
We also had an appointment with my doctor today. We got to hear the baby's heart beating again. That thing is a machine! Apparently everything looks good. My weight gain is on target (7 pounds so far, but it looks a lot more like fifteen to me) and the nausea is starting to subside. I've almost gone a whole week without puking! Knock on wood. We finally managed to come to an agreement on names. I'm sorry to say though, we'll not be naming the shrimp after any of the RBF crew though).
Woo Hoo, I'm setting some kind of record. This is three posts in one week!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm totally digging your blogging kick. You owe us for that extended absence. ;-)

Happy birthday!!!! This is going to be a huge year for you!!! I hope it's nothing but health, wealth, and... um, other good stuff!

MNFirefly said...

Happy Birthday, Kristi. Glad things with the baby are working well.

Anonymous said...

Are you sharing the names?
Glad to hear all is well and that you had a good b-day.

B said...

Happy B lated Birthday!