Monday, September 18, 2006

My new toy...

There it is, in all it's beauty, my brand new True treadmill. It's such a smooth ride. And so quiet. I now realize that running on my old NordicTrack was kind of like running with a speeding freight train on one side and a jumbo jet on the other. I don't even have to crank the stereo up to an obnoxiously loud level to hear it anymore!
I'm still trying to recover from yesterday's 1/2 marathon. I'm pretty sure that racing makes you more tired than just doing a long run. I had to do six miles this morning and I had a really tough time getting it done. I kept trying to think of excuses to cut the run short, but in the end I just hung in there. I'm glad I got it done. Today was my longest run for the week (at least until Saturday).
Final statistics from yesterday's run show that I was 53rd in my age group and that there were 325 women runners in my age group. Not too shabby. I was the 208th woman overall and the 724th runner to cross the finish line. The total number of runners for the half marathon yesterday was 2,925. I'm in the upper third, so I'm satisfied with that.
Karnazes ran his marathon in 3:50, but posted to his blog that he's planning on slowing down for the rest of the recreated runs. He's apparently only going all out on live events. So he'll be flying again when we see him at Chicago. Maybe next time I'll be able to keep up with him?

3 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

What a beauty!! I can't wait until Chicago. :) I don't think I stand a chance at catching up to Dean though. Maybe if I all out sprint...hrmmm....

MNFirefly said...

Wow! That's an awesome place mark. Impressive!

MNFirefly said...

BTW, VERY nice treadmill.