Monday, September 04, 2006

Belly woes

What is up with my stomach? Seriously, ever since my long run on Saturday I've been feeling just plain funky. At first I thought that maybe it was dehydration, but I drank an awful lot on my run Saturday and made sure the follow the rules of rehydration all day Saturday and Sunday...so I don't think that was it. Then I thought that maybe I was just hungry, but I actually felt worse after every meal except for last night's dinner...so that can't be it. So my final thought was that maybe I was just exhausted, and I went to bed early both Saturday and Sunday. That seemed to finally do the trick.
Yesterday's run was not much fun. I only had to do an easy three mile recovery run, so I elected to do it on the treadmill, just in case I needed to uhmmm (how to phrase this tactfully?) use the "facilities". Fortunately I actually made it through said run without vomiting all over myself or my treadmill, or the aforementioned "facilities". What a relief.
Today's run was much better and I even felt well enough to go outside for the run. I ran six miles at one of the local parks...it was predominantly flat, which was a nice change. I was even able to maintain my pace without much difficulty or gnashing of teeth. Splits are as follows: (Yes, I played with my Garmin)
Mile 1: 8:39
Mile 2: 8:56
Mile 3: 9:08
Mile 4: 9:28
Mile 5: 9:16
Mile 6: 8:54
On a slightly scary note...I got sucked into the new season of Laguna Beach on MTV last night. (Hangs head in shame). I have pretty much decided that I love the new (to me at least) Ashlee Simpson song: L-O-V-E. (Hangs head even further in shame). Seriously though, if you can overlook the whole fact that it's an Ashlee Simpson (who is by far the less talented of two supremely untalented Simpson girls) song...it's actually a pretty catchy little tune.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

No need to hang your head in shame. I have some guilty pleasure too. Nice run!