Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Could I possibly get any less sleep?

I was totally spoiled by the first five or seven days of Shannon's life...she slept so well and so did I. Now that she's a little older (my sweet baboo is two weeks old already today) she's starting to want to spend a little less time napping. Which is cool, but she's really too little to entertain herself, which means that if she's awake, she's wanting to be held and have someone entertain her. She was up until one in the morning last night...not a good thing at all. (But on the plus side, once I got her to go to sleep, she slept until almost six)
So, needless to say, we're trying to keep her up a lot more during the day. This afternoon she did a pretty good job of staying awake, and she's taking her last nap right now as I blog (otherwise I wouldn't be blogging). I figure she'll wake up again around six or seven and be hungry again and then I'll try to keep her up until around eight or nine so she'll sleep a bit more. I know she'll get her sleep schedule sorted out sooner or later, but I'm going to continue being tired until she gets it straightened out.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there. You will get a hang of it. Don't worry about stuff around the house - sleep when she sleeps. You will thank yourself later. :D

Sonia said...

sleep is over-rated anyway ;-) Hang in there, she's doing SO well for a newborn!!