Saturday, August 25, 2007

Having kids is no joke man...


My days are totally consumed by that little girl. She doesn't do much other than eat, sleep, and poop...but it seems like every minute of the day (almost) is spent meeting her basic needs. Now don't get me wrong, she's a sweetie, and by far the best thing that I've ever done, but she's a ton of work.
We're finally getting to the place where we can start taking her on short little errand running trips, so yesterday we went to lunch and Kohl's to make some returns and today we're going to go to the library, so at least we're not stuck in the house all day long every day. It's kind of a pain though, as I'm not allowed to drive again until next Wednesday, so dear husband is having to take us everywhere...thank God he's not going back to work until after my no driving ban has been lifted.
I actually feel pretty good...the only pain I still have is on the left side of my incision, and I noticed earlier today that one of my dissolvable stitches is starting to poke through the skin, thus accounting for my left sided incision pain. I've lost almost all of the baby weight already (knock on wood). I'm only eight pounds above my prepregnancy weight as of this morning. I'm hoping that I can drop a few more besides my baby weight, apparently breastfeeding burns up to 800 calories a day! What an awesome way to burn calories without breaking a sweat.
I'm not allowed to run for another three and a half weeks, but after that I'm to "let your body be your guide" I'm hoping to start walking short distances in another week or so, and then be ready to run a mile here and there two weeks after that so that by December I'll be reconditioned enough to train for a spring race. I'm thinking 1/2 marathon at this point, but we'll see how things go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the recovery time.

Arcane said...

Cute pic. Hope you recover soon. 800 calories? Wow.

Sonia said...

I left a message earlier.... it didn't record, oh well, I was saying that she is super cute! I love the little bow in her hair =)

Hope your incision feels better soon. Have fun with the little one

MNFirefly said...

She's SO adorable!! Count yourself SO lucky to lose most of the baby weight. I wish I would have to ran during my pregnancy. I know where you are at with the damn restrictions. Take it easy and don't rush into anything too rough. Enjoy the mommy and baby time. It will be go FAST!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture! She looks so sweet.