Monday, September 24, 2007

Okay, so my college roomie's plan is this...

She and her husband just completed the Ironman Wisconsin (they are super studs, for real) and have decided that they would like to try to motivate their friends and families to live healthier lifestyles and be more active. So, they're coordinating what they're calling Go Family and Friends (to play off the new St. Louis Marathon name of Go St. Louis). They've challenged their friends and families to run or walk the half or full marathon here in St. Louis the first weekend of April. Angie (former college roomie) has offered to reimburse the entry fee to any member of her family or friends who actually sign up for and complete the race, if they've never done a marathon or half before.
So, while I don't qualify for the reimbursement of my entry fee, as I've done too many races, I am going to do the race to show support for what I think is a totally cool idea. I'm also trying to recruit my own friends and family to join our little gang for the race. While I won't be offering the financial incentive that she's offering, I will offer training support and advice to "my team" and we'll have a totally fun time doing this. So far, two of my closest friends from college are comitted, and I've got to try to talk the third into it. Her excuse for not participating is that "she's a fat, lazy turd" but I'm not buying what she's selling.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

That's an awesome plan, Kristi!

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I won't be there. Hope you can talk Amber into it.

Stephanie said...

Umm, sometimes when people say they're fat lazy turds, you should believe them. And then leave them alone to enjoy their donuts! :-)