Thursday, September 13, 2007

So the game plan is...

To fix my incredibly bad eating habits and slowly ease myself back into the running game. I've only got about three puonds to go until I'm back at my pre-baby weight, but in all honesty I could have lost about ten pounds from what I was prior to getting pregnant and still been okay...So the goal is to lose thirteen pounds between now and the beginning of December, which is when spring marathon training should commence. I've not yet decided if I'll be doing a full or half mari this spring, mostly I'm waiting to see how much actual "free" time I have after going back to work at the beginning of November. If the last three weeks are any indication, I'll be doing a half marathon instead of a full. Boston may have to wait another couple of years.
I've got the green light from the doctor to start ramping up my exercise routine. And thus far I've taken the baby on a thirty minute walk every day this weeek and I've also ridden the stationarty bike for an hour during her early eavening naps every day since Sunday. So far I'm feeling pretty good without any soreness or problems resulting from the increase in activity. I'm not allowed to sstart jogging until a week from this coming Sunday, but I'm so looking forward to it that it's kind of pathetic. it's been almost seven weeks since I've actually ran at all. I'm going through just a smidge of withdrawal.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

That's great that you are starting up on the exercise. I can not imagine the withdrawl you are experiencing.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are getting right back into things. Good for you. Don't forget to rest.