Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Okay, I know I said no to New Year's resolutions...

but I'm making one anyway. It's going to be one that all of you, my faithful readers (all six of you) will thoroughly enjoy. I'm resolving to blog more days than I don't blog. That means at least four days a week, every week, for the next fifty two weeks. Oh yeah, I can tell you're excited!
And since I'm not running, you'll have to satisfy your crazy selves with brief glimpses into my rather mundane life (monkey sightings excluded from the mundane list).
I do not yet have an update, no monkey sightings were made today, even though the Max was on MonkeyWatch all day today. It's going to be tough to spot that booger when I'm at work all day...hmmmm, this is a whole new dilemma. Must brainstorm. Is it too obvious (or creepy) if I set a video camera up to record their house all day?
In other news, my patients were completely amused by my alleged monkey sighting, although more than one patient did draw the conclusion that I must have seen a dwarf in a fur coat and not a primate. Ask yourself, is a dwarf in a fur coat really that far removed from a small chimp anyway? Both would be amusing, although the chimp would be far less disturbing....
Speaking of patients, I received a cool thank you today from one of my patients. This patient is a sweet old man (albeit an old man who sounds disturbingly enough like the dirty old man from Family Guy who is always hitting on Peter). Anyway, I digress. He had some gift cards to a local bookstore and insisted that he never bought from this store, as he likes the little mom and pop shops and feels like this behemoth of a bookstore is slowly driving mom and pop out of business, so he gave me the gift cards. Which totalled over fifty dollars. How nice is that? I've got my eye on a couple of things including one or two items for patient education in my office, but you can bet your sweet ass I'm gonna be buying myself a treat as well. Nice people rock!

6 comments:

LeahC said...

Love the monkey dilema and I totally believe you. In high school I was running around my neighborhood and I looked up at this house on my block. In the window were 3 or 4 monkeys just sitting there. I hurried home and told my dad that I just seen a house full of monkeys. He told me I was crazy and had just been seeing things. A couple of days later he joined me on my run and I pointed out the house which from then on labled as the Monkey House. Seriously people would visit us and we would go for walks by the house like it was a tourist attraction..ha!

good luck catching them :-)

btw sorry to hear about the no running :-(

Anonymous said...

What you actually saw...

http://www.filmgecko.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/nacho-libre-jack-black-midget-wrestler.jpg

Anonymous said...

Oops.. line got cut short.. try this.

http://www.filmgecko.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/
nacho-libre-jack-black-midget-wrestler.jpg

MNFirefly said...

The monkey-sighting issue is hilarious! LOL!

But it was really nice that guy bought a gift card for you. How thoughtful!

Arcane said...

no it's not creepy to set up a video camera since it can be used to demonstrate you're not going crazy. It sounds like you have a mystery on your hands.

SRR said...

Yes...gotta love nice people.
:-)