Wednesday, August 01, 2007

No time left to blog

Time is really starting to be a hot commodity around my house lately. Which is why blogger is pissing me off so badly right now. It's seriously taking at least five seconds for each letter that I type to show up on the screen. Who's got time for this shit?
We've been busy lately. Sunday was our baby shower. It was not your traditional baby shower. No cheesy favors or dumb games. Instead it was a coed family type bbq. It was pretty much fun and we got some great gifts. Now I just have to finish the thank you notes. I'm about a third of the way through with these. I'm hoping to get another third of them done tonight while watching some much anticipated Shark Week programming on the Discovery channel. I love Shark Week. it's pretty much my favorite week of the summer.
Monday morning was my Grandma's funeral. Supremely sad, but we're all glad that this is over with. The low point of the experience was my cousins circling vulture-like around the remains of Grandma's estate before we could even get her into the ground. They were already talking about who got what before her body even left the hospital last Thursday. Pathetic.
In baby news, the doc thinks it will be a minimum of two more weeks before the littlest Johnson makes it's appearance. I'm not due for another three weeks technically, but I was kind of hoping to go a little early. But depending on what day you ask me, I change my opinion about going early. Some days I'm incredibly anxious for him or her to get here and other days I'm completely overwhelmed by the idea of having a kid.
I was going to post more today, but I'm really pissed off at this delay of the letters I type appearing onscreen, so I'm done for tonight.

2 comments:

Arcane said...

Getting close... You must be really excited!

MNFirefly said...

Sounds exciting!