Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Last ultrasound today...

Everything looks good. Development is right on schedule, almost to the day in fact when they measure the baby's abdominal cavity and femur length. The head however, is a different story. As of today, my kid's head is measuring almost two full weeks ahead of the rest of the development. It's not a problem, and doesn't indicate any type of dysfunction, as it appears to have a normal, proportional brain inside of it, but it's gonna be hell delivering this kid.
They were concerned that I was going to have to plan a C section or be induced early, as my abdomen has been measuring on the large side for the last two visits and I'm not exactly a large person to begin with, but it appears that the baby is right on track. Right now, it weighs about 4 pounds, 3 ounces per the calcuations, and the best gestimate at this time is that it's going to be about seven or eight pounds at birth.
So, everything looks good. I'm expecting based on today's calcuations to not have an activity restrictions if I want to keep running until the day I deliver. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep it up though, as I'm starting to fatigue pretty quickly and I'm having some minor hip issues when I run. We'll see how it goes after I slow down a little more tomorrow.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I am glad that you got ONE more ultrasound. I wish I had one myself before I went through the HELL my son put me through delivering him. That's another WHOLE post-delivery story to talk about.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! BTW my nephew's head was HUGE - he still measures off the charts but everyone survived and the head popped right out. Hope all goes well for you.