Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Seriously late

But better late than never. It's the movie review of the new Die Hard...in a word, awesome. Bruce Willis is such a complete stud. The movie itself was pretty good, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it nearly as much if it wasn't for Bruce Willis. But then again, things blowing up, people getting shot at, and a random bad guy getting knocked out of a helicopter that was pursuing Bruce Willis' character by a huge spout of water from a broken fire hydrant, what's not to love?
I've been staying busy, work is crazy...I'm really looking forward to the extra day off tomorrow, even though it does kind of suck that it's in the middle of the week. I really think that Independence Day should be a holiday like Thanksgiving and they should make it the first Friday or Monday of July every year. Who do you think I need to petition to get this changed?
I've been trying to stay caught up on the work stuff, which is tough, as it's already time to do midterm grades for the student who's interning at my clinic. Plus I've been busy with my grandma. My mom's mom has been in the hospital for about a week and a half now. Apparently she had a small bowel obstruction, which did not respond to non-invasive care. So, long story short, she had surgery last Friday and is now out of the ICU and back into a regular med/surg room. She looks much better, but is extremely confused. They're hoping to get her started on a regular diet later this week and hopefully get her transferrred to a rehab facility by the end of the weekend.
One of the major problems with this situation is that that my mom and dad are supposed to be leaving on Sunday to go to New York for five days...and my dad pretty much refuses to cancel the trip even though grandma is not really doing all that great yet and could potentially slide downhill pretty quickly. (what do you expect when an almost 85 year old has major surgery?) I personally think he's being kind of an ass about the whole thing, and that my mom needs to put her foot down and refuse to go, but then again I'm a lot more assertive than my mother ever has been.
So, needless to say, next week will be more of the same craziness around here, except I'll be expected to visit the hospital daily instead of every other day, as "there won't be anyone else to check on her". Plus there's the added fun of watching my parents' dog (who has a whole host of "nevous stomach" type issues) and working, and this little thing called being eight plus months pregnant....fun stuff.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

(((Kristi)) I agree with your thinking. Your dad should stick around until she's at least out of the hospital. Unfortunately, it's HIS choice and he may be making a mistake.