Thursday, June 21, 2007

Conspicously absent

that's me. I've been less than stellar about blogging lately...it probably has something to do with the fact that I'm a mere nine weeks away from evicting this kid from my body...or perhaps to do with the fact that I've been really, really busy (like crazy busy) with my J-O-B.
This week has been pretty much the week from hell. I've been helping to provide vacation coverage for another therapist all week, and thus have had to condense all of my own work into less than half of the time that it normally takes me. Monday morning I had a new student start at my clinic (thank God she's on the ball for the most part) and I saw fifteeen or sixteen patients in a five hour time span. Insane. Then I went to vacation dude's office. Tuesday was expanded hours at the other clinic to cover the vacationing guy's patients, Wednesday was normal (but packed) at my office, today was normal hours at the other clinic and tomorrow is split again between my own office (sixteen patients in four and a half hours) and vacation slacker's office. Insane again. I'll be so glad when tomorrow night rolls around.
Baby wise I'm doing pretty good. I'm still not sleeping well, I guess it's good practice for when the kid gets here...I just cannot get comfortable at all. I'm still running, but slower than dirt. We've got our last ultrasound scheduled for next Tuesday. Normally they only do two ultrasounds in my doctor's practice unless you have problems at some point, but they're doing a third for us since I've managed to stay active this far into it. They're going to be checking on fetal growth and as long as everything is still on track size wise I'll be given the green light to keep running as long as I'm comfortable. If the bambino is showing a slowdown in growth I'll be told to stop running.
My husband keeps teasing me that I'll be one of those people who waits till the last minute to go to the hospital once I'm in labor because I'll still have to get my run in for the day. I'm thinking that I'll go ahead to the hospital once labor starts, but if it's not moving along quick enough I'll head down to the PT gym to take a run on the treadmill...in reality this probably won't happen, but I think I'll mention it to my doc just to see his reaction.
In other news, our cousin just announced that she's also expecting. She's due three months after me, so that's pretty exciting that our kids will be almost the same age. Also, one of my coworkers (probably the one I like the most) just matched with a birth mother and is going to be moving forward with their adoption next month. Her baby's birth mom is due a month before me...this will create some scheduling conflicts at the office, but it a totally fantastic thing for her.
Lots of little people showing up in our lives in the next six months!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I hope you get to slow down before the baby is born. Hope all goes well.

MNFirefly said...

Kristi, you are making me even more tired after reading this.