Saturday, June 16, 2007

Biggest load of crap ever...

lives right here.
This is without a doubt the biggest load of garbage I've ever read. So what if I like to run with my ipod sometimes? Or if I'm going to load my kid into a tricked out jogging stroller the second it's old enough for one and hit the road? Yes, I log some of my weekly mileage on a treadmill (okay, I log it all on a treadmill now), I'm still a runner damnit.
Let it be known that I'm never buying any type of Pearl Izumi shoes or athletic gear...for the rest of my life. I'm not quite sure what they hoped to accomplish with this ad, other than pissing real runners off. I'm thinking that it's kind of ironic that so many people that I would definitely consider real runners fall into the "jogger" cateogory by this ad's standards.
I'm also finding it kind of interesting that I don't see too many elite runners wearing Pearl Izumi stuff...in fact, I only ever see it on high school girls who run track...and most of them that I've met I've met during the course of my job...meaning that they have some kind of orthopedic issue, which miraculously enough, goes away as soon as they stop wearing the Izumis. How's that for coincidence.
I'm off to compose an irate email to their advertising department.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

We had a huge debate over this had on runningmania.com.... Overall conclusion, controversy even negative publicity is still better than no publicity at all. They are definitely targeting elite races with this ad... not the casual runners as we are... RUNNERS ANYHOW!! BTW I'd never heard of this brand before so they never got my money to begin with and certainly won't now!